Archive for January 2015
Very excited to announce I was invited to participate in Networking Field Day #9.
The first question is: What is Networking Day? Well it is an event where we (networkers) get to participate, listen, and interact with various different vendors.
And I’ll be joining a great group, a few of which I’ve met at the last few Cisco Live’s and some of which I’ll be meeting for the first after many interactions on Twitter and the Web.
- Bob McCouch
- Brandon Carroll
- Brandon Mangold
- Charles Galler Jr.
- Ivan Pepelnjak
- Jody Lemoine
- John Herbert
- Jonathan Davis
- Jordan Martin
- Lindsay Hill
- Nick Buragilo
- Pete Welcher
- Me – Steve Occhiogrosso
Which vendors will be at Networking Field Day #9, well there will be a few of them:
This looks like a very interesting line-up It’s got some bigger players and some newer players that look to be offering some very intriguing products products. Everything from ‘SDN WANs’ to Network Monitoring.
This whole event will be streamed live so you can watch as everything unfolds! I’ll post the link soon!
Hard to be believe 2014 is gone and and 2015 is here! Yea I know we are already a few days into 2015 but hey for some reason I still hear people saying “Happy New Year”, much like I still Christmas decorations out.
So what’s in store in for 2015!? Well we are going to find! I got a few things on my punch list: (always got to keep thinking ahead right?!)
- Finish my CCNP: Data Center
- Knock out the WCNA, Wireshark Certified Network Analyst. Figure by now I’ve got a decent amount of time clocked using Wireshark
- Maybe brush up on some wireless technologies, my CWNA is about a year an half old now and renewal is slowly creeping up. Or maybe look at the CCNP: Wireless, but I don’t think that track has been updated in a while.
- Deepen my knowledge of Voice.
- Been debating on expanding the videos available on this blog. Or maybe even doing a podcast, I’ve bouncing the idea off the wall for quite some time now. Of course the term podcast might be an over-statement I’m thinking of maybe some recording technical discussions amongst friends.
It’s always nice to reflect on the past and what 2014 provided:
- CiscoLive 2014 San Francisco, met up with a great people again and had a blast, learning some new things in the process!
- Twitter – Got to admit Twitter is always fun and amazing resource. Big shout-out to the people that make my twitter entertaining and and lively!
- Cisco Champions – Interacting with another great group of networking enthusiasts is always a great experience!
- Exams!! I Think I knocked out 7-8 exams last year, finishing off my CCNP: Security, getting my CCNA: Data Center and falling one exam short of my CCNP: Data Center. I’m really starting to think the toughest part of getting a certification is acting finding the time to make it to testing center! But boy was 2014 a busy year.
- SolarWinds Thwack Ambassador, got to post articles involving VoIP Monitoring & Troubleshooting for month over at Thwack. Being able to interact with a community that great was a real treat in itself!
- 27 New posts went up on this blog, that is honestly much more than I thought I did, putting me well past the 100 post mark!
- I might need to a running count on the number of bottles of Whisk(e)y I drink this year.
- Too much more to even mention!
Here’s to 2015!